@davepryor72 - the latest on Instagram

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Batman and Robin



My brother and I would dress up like Batman and Robin when we were kids. At that time in my life - Batman was what I wanted to be when I grew up (so I could marry Batgirl). Taking our wardrobe cue off of the Batman TV show, we would find clothing in the house that would best match the costumes of the dynamic duo. Our best option for capes was to steal 2 of our dad's tank tops (which he didn't like) and wear them by placing our heads through both arm holes. The colors weren't exactly right - the Robin "cape" was a very puke-like yellow - but it didn't matter because we were transformed into superheros. The emblems were paper with tape on the back, and the utility belts were made of cardboard. Yes - I did wear underwear on the outside of my pajamas. Those were good times.

6 comments:

Ken Chandler said...

Underroos were a popular item when I was a kid. I would dress in my Superman's and my sister would dress in her Wonder-Woman's. Then we'd run around fighting crime. Of course I was about 7 then-- it's fun to look back on those times and laugh hard.

Great illustrations, can't wait to see your finished film. Looks like a keeper.

Jason said...

Hey Dave, great characatures. I should try to visit my past where I wore REALLY short Return of the Jedi shorts (both my younger brother and I). We thought we were the coolest kids on the block! Great color too, with the glow behind you two. Well done. How's things in Chi-cago? Later.

Unknown said...

sooo cute!! Thanks for checkiny out my film!! I can't wait to see yours someday!! :)

justinpatrickparpan said...

Ha, this is great! Nice work.

Yavuz said...

Lovely work. well done!!! very inspirational. i like the animation in the Frog therapist very much. Sensationel.

ohmyalikins said...

AWESOME! You two are TOO cute! ;) And LOVE the drawing too! ;)