@davepryor72 - the latest on Instagram

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tom Hanks Tribute - No Sad Stuff - Gallery 1988 West

The next show I'll be participating in is called "No Sad Stuff" - with all artwork inspired by Tom Hanks films ranging from 1984-1994.

Gallery 1988 West
7308 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles CA 90046
Opening Reception Saturday June 13th, 7-10pm
Show runs through June 20, 2015

I chose "Big" mainly because, well, Tom Hanks is just a giant kid in this movie. I myself feel like I never grew up - so there is really no better match. I painted this piece inspired by when Tom's character, Josh Baskin, first steps foot on the giant piano in the toy store. Overtaken by childlike curiosity, all Josh can do is  proclaim "Neat!"

I chose to make this one a little wobbly/shaky - stuffed into a tall canvas - capturing the awkwardness of a man in a kid's body.  Zoltar - the "Godlike" figure in this scenario - observes stone faced in the background as good 'ol Tom parades a carefree smirk.



"Neat!"
10"x30"
Acrylic on Canvas