@davepryor72 - the latest on Instagram

Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Muppets

Today is Jim Henson's birthday, and on this special day I illustrated an homage to my favorite Sesame Street Muppets, Bert and Ernie, and puppeteer/creatives, Frank Oz and Jim Henson.



I had the chance to talk a bit about the Muppets recently on the SquaredCo podcast, hosted by Mark Morris and Jerrod Maruyamma. The roundtable talk included fellow creative Luke Flowers, and it was so fun to have a conversation about what Jim Henson and his creations meant to us, and share how they influenced us to become the artistic individuals we are today.

You can listen to the SquaredCo podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher.



A few more illustrations for fun this week for some classic Muppetshow characters!







And a few of my puppets - one is a "Whatnot Muppet" that my wife designed when FAO Schwartz offered them through their store - and the other is a homemade puppet of "Tuna Sammich" a character from the animated pilot that was created during my days at Startoons Animation, and dreamt up by me and fellow creative Phil Gullett. Check out the link to the cartoon in the sidebar.



Enjoy the podcast and please share your Muppet memories on one of my social sites!



'Til next time! -Dave