@davepryor72 - the latest on Instagram

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Nine Pocket Skeletons


Time for the Elmhurst Artist Guild's summer show. I've seen some really amazing pieces in this already - definitely a great eclectic assortment of work. My piece is titled "Nine Pocket Skeletons", but my wife likes to call it "pockets full of death". Hey, just because you like to drink doesn't mean you're gonna die right? I sure hope not. I like to think of it as nine thirsty skeletons just hoping to snag a sip of sweet alcohol. Anyway, a fun project and another learning experience for me with this acrylic work. These are nine 7x5 canvas boards with a varnished deep mahogany birch board underneath. So, if you like drinking as much as these animals, stop by for the reception in Elmhurst on Friday August 2, 7-9pm. Hey, there's free booze.


Summer guild members show at the Elmhurst Art Museum.
July 30th - September 6th, 2013.

No comments: