@davepryor72 - the latest on Instagram

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Crazy 4 Cult - Say Hi to the Bad Guy - Gallery 1988

7308 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046
October 18 - November 9, 2013


"Toht's Retribution"
Acrylic on canvas - 24" x 8"

Gallery 1988 is currently featuring their latest "Crazy 4 Cult" show, which is entirely villain focused. I had so many ideas for this show it was hard to choose. I eventually decided to depict my favorite melty-faced Nazi who got his comeuppance, Toht. Such an impressionable scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. As a kid, I remember going through this effect frame by frame on VHS tape. Above you can see my work in progress as I neared completion. Be sure to stop by and visit the Gallery to see this in all it's drippy glory.

1 comment:

PhilAreGo@gmail.com said...

To-HOOOO, that's good Toht!